Stop MM from detecting/loading disc info?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

Stop MM from detecting/loading disc info?

Post by MMFrLife »

Seems like I've read a post/thread somewhere on how to change an INI setting for this, but I can't remeber.
I'm not talking about Windows Autoplay. I mean, when you have MM running and you insert an optical disc,
MM trys to detect it/load the info. I want to be able to run MM while using another program for that without it
interfering.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
๐Ÿ˜œ
MMFrLife

Re: Stop MM from detecting/loading disc info?

Post by MMFrLife »

Any thoughts on this?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
๐Ÿ˜œ
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Sorry .. i have never seen this happen. I'm on win 10 and ver 1842beta. I just tried it again and still nothing. my guess would be that you got the "what should windows do with this" message at one time and selected MM. Not sure how to get it back
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I don't remember the Windows message. Maybe. But the Windows Autoplay is currently off, for everything.
But even if that happened, it doesn't play it or really start anything, just the freeDb(?) info pops up.
๐Ÿ˜œ
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

It won't be the Windows Autoplay that's doing it. I think I've seen an option to disable the automatic FreeDB lookup too, but I can't find anything now.
Peke

Post by Peke »

You can still disable Auto Query in Tools -> Options -> Network (FreeDB)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts