Access violation error message

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

TreeFrogBandit

Access violation error message

Post by TreeFrogBandit »

Hi everyone,

I keep getting an error message It pops up several times every time I try and look at a new collection / playlist.

Code: Select all

Error executing script event Access violation at address 64CE0965 in module 'vbscript.dll'. Write of address 76E446C0
I tried running in administrator mode (windows 10) but that doesn't seem to help. Does anyone know what causes it, and can I fix it?

Thanks

Will
Lowlander

Re: Access violation error message

Post by Lowlander »

Did you install any Addons (scripts)? This may be from a Panel.
TreeFrogBandit

Post by TreeFrogBandit »

Ah, yes - I've just had a look through and it looks like the culprit is "advanced duplicate find and fix" - but it now doesn't want to uninstall - it keeps repeating the error at me every time I try.... Is there some way of removing the addon manually?

Cheers

Will
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes, Check ig it is listed in Scripts.ini and reside in Scripts\auto folder
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
carla_d

Post by carla_d »

Hi all, resurrecting this old thread to ask a related question:

I am frequently getting pop-up error messages saying the likes of

Code: Select all

Access violation at address 0D71F0B5 in module 'ig9icd32.dll'. Read of address 00000110.
It's not when I'm loading new files or doing anything remotely fancy, it's just when I'm listening to podcasts/music. When I dismiss it, it is followed up by an infinite number of identical error messages, and the only way to get out of this loop is to close the program using Task Manager.

This is becoming more and more frequent, to the point where MM is almost unusable. Any ideas for what I can do?

The *.dll file mentioned is not a script or even something MediaMonkey-specific. It is located in:
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_4645af5c659ae51a

I am running MediaMonkey 4.1.23.1881 with a lifetime Gold license. I only installed this version a few days ago, but I was getting this problem with previous versions too. My PC is on Windows 10.

Many thanks!
Carla
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=1&t=69
carla_d

Post by carla_d »

Thanks.

I've done this as close as I can but it wasn't possible to follow the instructions completely.

The debug error report was generated via method 4a rather than 4b because the error message triggered a debug report automatically. So I allowed this autogenerated debug report to be sent, and I provided my contact details and a link to this forum thread as requested. However, I cannot follow the final instruction
Please send the relevant files, log file(s), along with a detailed description / link to the original bug description in the forum via our helpdesk
because I cannot locate the debug file on my computer in any of the expected places or indeed anywhere (there is no .elf file anywhere at all on my computer). Please could you either help me to figure out why this is not being saved, or could you proceed with investigating the underlying problem based on the information I already submitted via the debug report, even though I am not able to re-send it via the helpdesk?

Many thanks, Carla
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That method won't receive feedback from developers. The log captured with DBGView and attached to a Support Ticket will. The elf file is not important unless asked for (generally the dbgview log is sufficient to trouble shoot).