MM4 crashing when scanning and analyzing volume

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MPG

MM4 crashing when scanning and analyzing volume

Post by MPG » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:12 pm

Anyone else having a problem with the latest release of MM4 crashing when it is automatically scanning, adding new songs to the library and analyzing the volume?

Just upgraded to the latest version a couple of days ago.
I have MM4 set up to automatically scan specific folders.
Also have it set up to automatically analyze the volume of new songs.
I've been adding some new songs to my library and MM4 keeps crashing until it has completed the scan process.

Please don't tell me to stop automatically scanning and analyzing. I've been doing this for years without this problem.

MM4: 4.1.18.1852
RAM: 16 GB
Disk: C: 688 GB free
Music Disk: 912 GB free

Should I create a ticket?
TIA
MPG
Totals:
Artists: 28,006
Albums: 66,333
Tracks: 493,635
Length: (h:mm:ss) 34,562:16:34
File size: 3.29TB

Lowlander

Re: MM4 crashing when scanning and analyzing volume

Post by Lowlander » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Yours is the first report I've seen. Capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach it to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:50 pm

I'm curious to see if you've come up with anything on MM crashing when ripping or leveling audio.

This has been a persistent problem for at least four months. I've been assuming that the updates would take care of it.

To the best of my knowledge, MM has never acknowledged that it crashed, though Windows periodically notes it and says it's sending a report to MS. Usually it just disappears quietly, corrupting the file it was working on at the time. Nothing else freezes up. Generally I don't see it fail. I usually have MM on my second monitor, and frequently don't even notice that it has disappeared because it just quietly disappears. It never crashes on playback, just when I'm adding new music and leveling the sound. I didn't start leveling sound until recently, perhaps around the time the thing started crashing, but I don't know if there is a direct relationship there or not.

I'm running an older Lenovo (i5-2520M 2.50 ghz, 4 gigs ram), but have never had problems with MM until this started happening

Windows 10 Pro
Version 1709
Build 16299.125

MM Gold
15337 files
69.2 gb
1043:51:48

Peke

Post by Peke » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:57 pm

Hi,
We are not being able to replicate and only way to see last process before MMW closes is to get debug log as described at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1& t=69 it would be great if you can make one for us to analyze.

If you decide to create debug log you can set exclude filters (See mine below) in DBGView to make it smaller and set it to directly File -> Log save to file which will save log file directly and will not be lost in case PC/Windows crash.

Exclude Filter I use: "*Skype*;*CClient*;*shell\*;*multimedia\*;*CallContext*;*core*"
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add Images to forum

AlanE

Post by AlanE » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:10 pm

I just submitted a crash report via the debug version of MediaMonkey. It crashes consistently after scanning the media library that has been identified. I have rebooted my Windows 10 system. It has rendered MM unuseable. I just purchased Gold and installed the media key when this happened . . . can I get my money back?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Did you open a Support Ticket and attach a debug log? That's the best way to get it resolved.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

AlanE

Post by AlanE » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:17 pm

I resolved my issue on Windows 10 by fully uninstalling MM and reinstalling it.