CD drive names in media tree - Ghost entries

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

CD drive names in media tree - Ghost entries

Postby Bru » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi Version 4 1 18 1853 and previous versions Win 10 Pro 64

The media tree on the left shows my HDD's and my two CD/DVD/BD drives letters E: and F: followed by [ The CD title ] that once these have found correctly relate to the inserted CD

However With NO CD inserted both drives continually display the names of one particular previously inserted Audio CD. This Ghost-info Survives version update reboot etc. It recurs every start up and after an actual CD is removed

Track information from that 'ghost' CD is also shown if I start a rip before the Actual CD I insert has been recognised. Recognition then leads to a combined list with all actual and Ghost track titles, multiple output titles for the same cda / track number and a complete mess !

Am I missing something - I think I've been through every menu looking for an edit / clear for this ghost info.

Thanks for any help
Bru

Re: CD drive names in media tree - Ghost entries

Postby Meander » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:27 am

Bru,

I've had this problem myself before - but unsure how I solved it. I think it involved removing the entry for the 'ghost' album from CDPlayer.ini which you should find at AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\CDPlayer.ini
Meander

Re: CD drive names in media tree - Ghost entries

Postby Bru9Monkey » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:55 am

Thanks Meander, spot on. A load of previous CD entries in there including the 'ghost one'.

I didn't spent too long on an edited solution as just renaming AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\CDPlayer.ini to CDPlayer.OLD caused
MediaMonkey to create a new .ini file at startup and normal media tree behaviour resumed when an audio CD was put in, looked up and removed.

Much appreciated :D
Bru9Monkey

Return to Need Help? (mmw)