Error in Help File on Masks

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

yarguy

Error in Help File on Masks

Post by yarguy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:43 am

In responding to another query I looked at the Help file entry on masks: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... nize_Files

It has an error. It says

Remark: <Track#> displays 2 digits. Use <Track#:n> to display n digits instead.

<Track#> does NOT properly display two digits; it would display just one digit if the track number were less than 10. To ensure two digits one has to use <Track#:2>

Could the people at MM please fix this?

Lowlander

Re: Error in Help File on Masks

Post by Lowlander » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

yarguy

Post by yarguy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Whatever the "correct" page is, the page I referenced is easily available in the help file, contains incorrect information and so should be corrected. While the second page lowlander references does identify the various components that can be used in a mask, the information about Track # is incomplete. It nowhere explains how to get a 2 digit format for track number, something that is usually important to get proper sorting. So it, too, needs some attention by someone who can edit help files.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Yes, the Help for older versions is still available as there are still users using it.

The multi-digit option is explained in the second link:
<'Field':n>

Can be used in conjunction with any of the above mask elements in order to force alphabetic fields to a specified length or to pad alphanumeric fields. For instance:

C:\My Music\<Artist:1>\<Artist>\<Album> - <Track #> - <Title> which would yield C:\My Music\A\Abba\Gold - 2 - Fernando.mp3 , useful for creating alphabetized directories.

<Track#:2> would yield 07 (for Track=7), and would yield 153 (for Track 153)

Numeric fields are not truncated: e.g. <Year:3> would yield 1940 (for 1940); The exception being: <Year:2> would yield 40 (aside from this specific field and value, numeric fields are not otherwise truncated)

Note: For text fields, the resultant characters start from the left. For numeric fields, the resultant digits start from the right. If n > the number of characters in the field, then the resultant path is padded with spaces or 0's depending on whether the field is text or numeric.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)