Simplified Way to Get Artwork?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Simplified Way to Get Artwork?

Postby riverboatsam » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:16 am

Does anyone have a simplified and/or automated way of obtaining album artwork? Maybe something either in Media Monkey or in a freeware product?
If there's a way via Media Monkey, I've missed it and would like to know how to do it. If via some freeware, what is it and where can I get it?

My process for this is burdensome. First I have to find the artwork somewhere online, then take a snapshot of it, saving it off to a file somewhere. Then using a graphics package create 2 copies of the file, shrinking one down to 75x75 pixels and renaming it AlbumArtSmall.jpg and the other to around 200x200 pixels and renaming it to folder.jpg. And my graphics package that does this doesn't have a "pixels" option, I have to shrink images down by percentages until I achieve the proper range in pixels. Then I have to move the two files into their Media Monkey art/album directory. There HAS to be a better way, and I'm guessing someone smarter than me out there has one. Help?

FYI, I am using MediaMonkey on Win10/64.

- Thanks!

Re: Simplified Way to Get Artwork?

Postby Lowlander » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Auto-retrieval and resizing is not available in MediaMonkey.

MediaMonkey can auto-tag Artwork on Playback if the appropriate settings is enabled (Tools > Options > Metadata Lookup and the Art & Details Window is enabled, set to Now Playing and has Artwork enabled).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Return to Need Help? (mmw)