Output to Bluetooth speakers

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Output to Bluetooth speakers

Postby WernerP » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:25 am

Hello,
Not being very tech-minded, I have a question. I've been using MM 4.1.19.1859 for some time now and I'm thinking about upgrading to Gold. I'm currently planning to buy a pair of Bluetooth speakers to be able to let my media library stream from my PC. Before buying said speakers though, I would like to know if this is technically possible and if I need to install some plugins - remark that if you think this is a stupid question, I'm absolutely not tech-savvy. Also, any recommendations as to which speakers to use are more than welcome.
WernerP

Re: Output to Bluetooth speakers

Postby Lowlander » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:10 pm

It is possible. You may need to configure through Tools > Options > Output Plug-ins.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander

Postby WernerP » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:31 pm

Any idea which plugin I might need?
WernerP

Postby yarguy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Technically it is your computer that is going to send the bluetooth signal and that is what you first need to be sure will work and how it does so. Then you can ask how to set up MM to play through your computer to the bluetooth speakers. That said, if your computer will play to bluetooth I can't see why MM couldn't be a source.

WernerP wrote:Any idea which plugin I might need?
yarguy

Postby rivorson » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Assuming you are using Windows 7 or higher, when you connect the Bluetooth speakers they will identify as an audio device and Windows should automatically set it as the default audio device. Sometimes getting Windows to connect to a Bluetooth devices can be a pain, though.
rivorson

Return to Need Help? (mmw)