Renaming file title

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

monape
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:08 am

Renaming file title

Post by monape » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi

I accidently renamed all my tracks file name like this: "1969 Huntington Ashram Monastery - 03 Paramahansa Lake"
But what i wanted was just having the song name in the title like this "03 Paramahansa Lake"
Is there someway i can revert this process so that only song name is in the file name?

I have tried different ways but it seems to be hard to remove only some parts of the file name.
Do i need to use a file renamer or can MM handle this?

Lowlander
Posts: 44166
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Renaming file title

Post by Lowlander » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:29 pm

There is no undo. You also didn't indicate what process you used. You can use Tools > Autoo-Tag from Filename to get the correct information from the filenames if available: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... lename/4.0
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

monape
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:08 am

Re: Renaming file title

Post by monape » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:02 pm

Lowlander wrote:There is no undo. You also didn't indicate what process you used. You can use Tools > Autoo-Tag from Filename to get the correct information from the filenames if available: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... lename/4.0
I was using the auto organise and then auto tag from filename.
But i regret doing it so i wonder what i can do to remove the year and album info from the filename (on multiple files) only keeping the song name in the filename like the example above.

dtsig
Posts: 2789
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Renaming file title

Post by dtsig » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:05 pm

what do the tags look like? if they are correct you can use auto organize to rename files using the tags
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig

monape
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:08 am

Re: Renaming file title

Post by monape » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:28 pm

dtsig wrote:what do the tags look like? if they are correct you can use auto organize to rename files using the tags
Tags title are same as file name, thats why i cant rename files using the tags.

Lowlander
Posts: 44166
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Renaming file title

Post by Lowlander » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:56 pm

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... nd+%26+Fix may be able to help.

As you committed the wrong data both ways it can be harder to fix. With ""1969 Huntington Ashram Monastery - 03 Paramahansa Lake" you can use Auto-Tag from Filename with the Mask \<Skip> - <Title> to fix the Title tag.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

monape
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:08 am

Re: Renaming file title

Post by monape » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:04 am

Lowlander wrote:http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... nd+%26+Fix may be able to help.

As you committed the wrong data both ways it can be harder to fix. With ""1969 Huntington Ashram Monastery - 03 Paramahansa Lake" you can use Auto-Tag from Filename with the Mask \<Skip> - <Title> to fix the Title tag.
Perfect. The mask corrected the title. Then by using auto organise i could correct the filename as well. Thanks.

Post Reply