MM copies music files after adding artwork?!

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Zerophux

MM copies music files after adding artwork?!

Post by Zerophux »

Hello,

So I've been manually adding artwork to albums by multiple selecting them, opening up properties and hitting the artwork tab, then dragging the album images from my browser and dropping it in. I thought it worked a treat, until I realised that for no apparent reason, each file would then be duplicated within the album's file on the hard drive! What I really don't get is the duplicate that is newly created, is not the file with the artwork attached?! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Lowlander

Re: MM copies music files after adding artwork?!

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and what File Type(s)? Are you saying the music file is duplicated (if so, maybe MediaMonkey has no right to delete files)?
Zerophux

Post by Zerophux »

I have version 4.1.19.1859 (Gold), and yes I'm talking about FLAC files being duplicated.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not seeing this with MediaMonkey 4.1.20. Can you delete a duplicate file from within MediaMonkey?
Zerophux

Post by Zerophux »

It doesn't duplicate them within MM, it only duplicates them in their hard drive location, so any deletion within MM will take away the original file. Deleting the duplicates through windows explorer has no effect on playback either as it's the originals that MM is using obviously (now with added artwork!) it's just annoying!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Use the My Computer node to delete duplicates (it's just a test). Does it work?
Zerophux

Post by Zerophux »

Oh they are visible in the My Computer node, and I can delete them too...

EDIT: Just updated to latest version too, didn't realise there was an update available.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then capture the problem in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69