MM standalone server

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

kemenyadi

MM standalone server

Post by kemenyadi »

I use MMW on my desktop for playing music and organising the library. (non-dlna, regular network share folder monitor)
I have another MMW running on another pc that acts a server. This is constantly on unlike my desktop, and also runs a dlna/upnp server which I use to stream to MMAndroid.

My issue is that like this there are 2 separate databases, which leads to inconsistencies between the 2.
Certain things like playback count are not shared and hence my most played playlists do not match up.

How can the 2 be synced?

I thought of writing a simple script that pulls the DB file from the desktop and writes it to the server.
However, correct me if I'm wrong, but that would overwrite and null my dlna (and possibly other) settings.

I would like to see the MM upnp/dlna server be available also as a standalone application that can be run (on linux !!!hint) which pulls DB info from a main desktop 'admin' MMW.

PS. I wasn't sure where to post this. Does it maybe belong in "Wishlist (mmw)" or "Need Help with UPnP / DLNA ?"
MMW Gold - MMA Pro
jiri

Re: MM standalone server

Post by jiri »

There's actually a work in progress on something very similar to what you describe. We hope to make it public very soon... ;-)

Jiri
kemenyadi

Post by kemenyadi »

As part of MM5 or something separate?
MMW Gold - MMA Pro
jiri

Post by jiri »

separate
kemenyadi