Remove song from autoplaylist

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

kathy2343

Remove song from autoplaylist

Post by kathy2343 »

I'm an occasional user, and I can't figure out how to remove a song from an autoplaylist. The list is genre-based, and I changed the genre of the track (in File Explorer) for a single song I don't want to be in the autolist. After closing and reopening MM, it was still there.

I then right-clicked the song in the autolist and changed the genre there, and that worked to an extent--the song no longer appears in the list. But it still plays!

So, several questions:
1) How can autoplaylists be made to update to reflect changes to the song's file properties?
2) If those property changes must be made in MM (which I hope isn't the answer to question 1, but I can live with), how do I then get the autoplaylist to reflect them so that the song doesn't play in the list even when it is no longer listed there?

It seems that once an autoplaylist is created, it's somewhat static--which defeats the purpose of an autolist. Help?
Lowlander

Re: Remove song from autoplaylist

Post by Lowlander »

1) You may be looking at Now Playing which isn't your Playlist. Only the Playlist in the Playlist node in the Media Tree is the AutoPlaylist and there any changes to files should be reflected the next time you open the AutoPlaylist there.

2) In MediaMonkey would be best, otherwise you need to rescan the files to see the changes (or use Folder Monitoring: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... he_Library)