pop up windows

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

mokumhammer

pop up windows

Post by mokumhammer »

Can please someone help me how to solve the 'thread creation error. Not enough storage is available to process this command' window.
I have used MM for years, but I seem to get continious (& various) warning windows popping up.
It has become unusable. Help!!!
Peke

Re: pop up windows

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please open support ticket and if possible supply us debug log as described in https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=1&t=69 as there is several things that can influence MMW and produce such results.

For start you should check your HDD free space and Backup MM.DB to a safe location just in case.

You can also try to Install MMW as Portable and use that copy of MM.DB to Portable installation for testing.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tealduck

Post by tealduck »

Poster did you ever get an answer on what was causing this issue? I'm now experiencing the same issue. It can be corrected by exiting MM and then restarting MM.

From what I have seen on other development sites, limiting the number of threads that can access the memory mapped file can help with these issues. Obviously, the developers of MM would need to implement that.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As Peke replied, capture in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
tealduck

Post by tealduck »

Yeah, no thanks. I have a job and a life and would rather not deal with running debugging versions and trying to capture bugs released by the manufacturer. If the problem becomes too obnoxious I will just switch software.