Music Videos and Movies

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

fynxgloire

Music Videos and Movies

Post by fynxgloire »

Hello,
I am a mediamonkey Newb and wanted to ask how can I use this program to organize and watch my music videos and movies?
What is the first step I should do, do I need to make a new directory in the mediamonkey app tree structure on the left hand side called music videos?
Also do I need to make a new tree called Movies?
I only see music now?

Thx in advance
Lowlander

Re: Music Videos and Movies

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you can create your own Collections (File > Manage Collections). You'll need to use something like Path for Movies as Criteria as there isn't a Type = Movie yet.

Music Videos should already exist there, but will only show if it contains content (unless it has been disabled). Default Collections are based on the Type Criteria which is automatically assigned (no user settings) by MediaMonkey: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... _Rules/4.0 You can manually change Type in the Properties (this isn't saved in the files).
fynxgloire

Post by fynxgloire »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:36 am Yes, you can create your own Collections (File > Manage Collections). You'll need to use something like Path for Movies as Criteria as there isn't a Type = Movie yet.

Music Videos should already exist there, but will only show if it contains content (unless it has been disabled). Default Collections are based on the Type Criteria which is automatically assigned (no user settings) by MediaMonkey: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... _Rules/4.0 You can manually change Type in the Properties (this isn't saved in the files).
ThANK you for your response.
I tried changing a few from Video to Music Video, it works great.
However is there a bulk way to change the types of my 500+ music videos from Video to Music Video, or do I have to change each, one at a time?

Regards
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can select any number of files and use Edit > Properties to change the tags on all selected files.
fynxgloire

Post by fynxgloire »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:13 pm You can select any number of files and use Edit > Properties to change the tags on all selected files.
Thank you!
YOu are a life saver