Mediamonkey not reading updated Sample Rate [#14927]

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

1337haXXor

Mediamonkey not reading updated Sample Rate [#14927]

Post by 1337haXXor »

I have some tracks that were output to incorrect Sample Rates. I've resampled them correctly, and it shows the updated sample rate with multiple programs (spek, LAC, etc.), but while mediamonkey appears to read the smaller filesize correctly, it still reads their sample rate as the original value. I've restarted the program, updated the tags, and more, but it still won't show it. I've converted files WITH mediamonkey and it's correctly updated information, but I have to use a different program, as mediamonkey won't convert to 32khz. My last thought is to restart the computer (not sure why that would work?), but I'll see if it does.
Ludek

Re: Mediamonkey not reading updated Sample Rate

Post by Ludek »

I think that re-scanning the files into MM library should fix the issue. I guess that sample rates are correct/current when you browse the files via "My computer" node in MediaMonkey?
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

Is there a way to re-scan the files without deleting and re-adding them? I like the order I have my files added to my library in, and would prefer not to delete from library and re-add, if possible. I haven't checked the "My Computer" section because I unchecked the box to have that one in my tree on the left, I'll add it again and check.

EDIT: Yes, from the "My Computer" section, it *does* show the corrected/updated Sample Rate.

EDIT2: I just realized I don't have my library set to auto-scan a directory. I meticulously organize my library, and have been for many years, so I've kind of been manually organizing most of my files. Would this be the "re-scan" option that would correct the listed file properties without having to delete and re-add? I guess I'll find out in a bit, I'm re-scanning now, but 40k files is a lot to go through. Crossing my fingers!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You don't have to use Folder Monitoring, you can use the manual scan and you can scan just a single folder if that's all that needs updating.

See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/WebHelp:
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

No dice. Neither the auto-scan nor the manual scan updated the displayed Sample Rate in the library. Even restarted the program after completing both scans.

EDIT: I've done a manual scan to update other information about songs, such as when I convert the songs to a different bitrate via another program (like Audacity) and it doesn't immediately show up in the library. Or I would change *something* in the metadata (add a space after the album, or something), then change it back. I've had that method update bitrate properly and bit depth, but for some reason it doesn't work for Sample Rate.
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

Sorry to bother, so would we just consider it a bug? Everything checks out with other programs/browsers/operating systems, and in mediamonkey the filesize is correct, but the Sample Rate and bitrate are still displayed as before being changed. I'm unsure how to check if the Mediamonkey output plugin is actually attempting to output it to 48k, as listed (as opposed to the correct 32k), or if it's just simply a visual bug. The one solution I KNOW works is deleting the music from the library and re-adding it, but this resets playcounts, "added" date, and removes it from any playlists it might be in, but given the large amount of music I'm looking to resample, this simply wouldn't be an option.
Last edited by 1337haXXor on Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I believe that it is just visual bug as the files are already scanned into database with the original sample rate (while playing with real current sample-rate).
BTW: You indicated that you used another app to convert because mediamonkey won't convert to 32khz. Which format are you referencing, FLAC ?
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

Correct. With MM's converter, it only shows me the "standard" rates, 44.1, 48, etc. If I could convert it to 32 with MM that would be WAY easier, and would guarantee not having the visual bug! :)
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14927 (will be added to 4.1.21 in case of an easy fix)
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

Awesome, was not expecting this, thanks so much! That'll save me tons of steps for the future! :)