“other” player, and multiple databases

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Camac

“other” player, and multiple databases

Post by Camac »

I have two problems which I would like some expert opinion on:
The first is the use of an “other” player, and the second is multiple databases

I want to use Quintissential Player as my ‘player of choice’ and in the Tools, Options have selected winamp2 and its file directory as Quintesential player.exe. However, immediately on opening MediaMonkey, QP pops-up, on-top. And on the toolbar there is another row of functioning buttons displayed for Start, Stop, Pause,etc.

In the View menu I have disabled “Player”. I can minimize QP to the tray but if I try to ‘close’ it it keeps popping–up, on-top every 5 seconds. As most of the time I’m using MM I am using the database capabilities this is a PITA.javascript:emoticon(':(')
http://www.songs-db.com/forum/images/sm ... on_sad.gif

Does MM poll or “request” the player every 5 seconds which would cause QP to open and how would I stop it?

I have two directories on two Drives where I store my music. It could be described as one for the ‘A’ side and one for the ‘B’ side. My playlist is my entire A side and MM is pointed at only that directory. However there are times when I want to look at my entire collection. Is there a method of creating a second ‘profile’ in the same installation and toggling between them or is it necessary to install two copies of MM on the same machine?

If I have to install it twice can I use the same registration in both? On the same drive?

GREAT PROGRAM ! ! ! !

TIA

camac
rusty

Using another player and mulitple DBs

Post by rusty »

Camac,

Sorry for the delay--somehow this message slipped through.

Re. the use of another player, the auto-re-opening of WA/or analog player is by design for playlist synchronization b/w winamp and MM, and isn't configurable.

As far as multiple DB support, this isn't yet available. I would however, suggest that you can get around this in the following manner:
-Scan both drives.
-Rate your A-songs 3 stars or more
-Rate all your B-songs 2 stars or less
-Sort your music by Ratings to make it easier to see which tracks are the ones you're more interested in.

It's not a perfect solution, but I do think that keeping a single db is preferable to using 2 dbs (although we do hope to support 2 dbs in the future).

-Rusty