How to force MM to startup in the folder of the playing song (after double-clicking from Windows Explorer)?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Pickleman

How to force MM to startup in the folder of the playing song (after double-clicking from Windows Explorer)?

Post by Pickleman »

Whenever I double click on a song in windows explorer, MM opens; however, it always open on the last folder that was opened prior to closure. If the playing song is not in that folder, then I will travel to the folder of the playing song (My Computer). This is a bit annoying. How can I force MM to startup in the folder of the playing song (after double-clicking from Windows Explorer)? I tried unsuccessfully for an answer in the forum. Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: How to force MM to startup in the folder of the playing song (after double-clicking from Windows Explorer)?

Post by Lowlander »

Pickleman wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:17 pmIf the playing song is not in that folder, then I will travel to the folder of the playing song (My Computer).
I don't follow, because that seems to describe exactly what you're asking.
Pickleman wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:17 pmHow can I force MM to startup in the folder of the playing song (after double-clicking from Windows Explorer)?
Anyway, there is no setting for this.
Pickleman

Re: How to force MM to startup in the folder of the playing song (after double-clicking from Windows Explorer)?

Post by Pickleman »

To clarify MM will startup (after double-clicking), but after starting MM will display the last folder that was opened when closed. Anyhow, thanks for responding, making aware that there is no setting to enable display of the folder of the song that started MM.