Network Media Tree browsing Windows 10 - no more WORKGROUP

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

fixy22

Network Media Tree browsing Windows 10 - no more WORKGROUP

Post by fixy22 »

Hi!

I'm a long time MM user and I ran into following problem.
I'm trying to fix it on a new PC where the WORKGROUP was removed. (DESKTOP-2)

MM version 4.1.21.1875
Windows Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

In a last few days I received Microsoft Win 10 HOME updates which messed up my home network and security setup. I thing most of the problems come with removing WORKGROUP. I managed to fix some of them - the remaining issue is with the MediaMonkey.

I just reinstalled MM thinking that it will reconfigure Network access and still there there is no way to browse the network.

I want to use MM Media Tree:
The location Network/Microsoft Windows Network/ is empty - and I have a problem configuring it.

On my old PC I have several Tree Entries:
MICROSOFTACCOUNT
WORKGROUP (this one lists shared folders on my main PC and the new one DESKTOP-2 to which I'm connecting fine - I'm able to see and browse all folders shared on the network shared folders)

I can't do it in opposite direction. I think Security is set up correctly - Windows Explorer works fine in both directions.

Is there anything else I should set up to recover this functionality? I want to mention, that I don't want to scan network folder - I want to access it, browse and potentially make changes. I was able to do it, and it is really useful for me.

https://imgur.com/NzXZqNi

It was a long post. Thanks for reading! :)
Cheers! Image