Wrong 'date' info in "Now Playing"

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Cienega32
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Wrong 'date' info in "Now Playing"

Post by Cienega32 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:56 pm

I've noticed on a few albums that the date would be wrong in the Now Playing window. The files themselves show the correct year in the tags but not in MM File Properties sheet.

On some compilation albums, I'll track down the year for each tune but put the release year in the comments field (ripping with dbPowerAmp or bulk tagging with TagScanner). What shows in the 'date' field in the Monkey play window will match the comments year of release and not the individual song year.

It's only on a few albums here & there with no connection that I can see. I think I ran thru the usual things - rerip, remove from DB and rescan, etc but it still enters the DB with the wrong year read in.

Is it just one of those tiny DB quirks or is there something I can try to rectify it?

Cienega32
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Wrong 'date' info in "Now Playing"

Post by Cienega32 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Found out a little more about this. Using "Perry's ID3 Tag Viewer", the erroneous year is found in the ID3v2 frame of "TDRC". The CDs that show the wrong year all have that field used. No other ones with "good years" show that field in use. The "TYER" field is found and is correct in all. 'TDRC' seems to override the 'TYER'.

How do I get around this so as to have the 'TYER' value shown?

Lowlander
Posts: 44750
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Wrong 'date' info in "Now Playing"

Post by Lowlander » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:05 pm

I think you can only set it for writing: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... year--date
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Cienega32
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Wrong 'date' info in "Now Playing"

Post by Cienega32 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:17 am

I have no section named "[MP3Tagging]" in the ini file. I tried inserting what was found in your link but MM seemingly deletes that edit on startup:

[MP3Tagging]
DisableFrames=TDAT;TDRC
EnableFrames=TYER

The link you provided makes sense but no [MP3Tagging] found in the ini file (MM 4.1.20.1864 Gold Lifetime)

EDIT: Just discovered thru the forum that there's a newer version (4.1.21.1875). Installed and that section is now found in the ini file but no difference.

Peke
Posts: 11205
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Wrong 'date' info in "Now Playing"

Post by Peke » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi,
Main problem here is that MMW uses mix of id3v2.3 (TDAT - Date / TIME - Time / TYER - Year) and id3v2.4 (TDRC The 'Recording time' frame).

TDRC frame, 'Recording time' [F:4.2.5] http://id3.org/ is defined only under 2.4 and that is why we enable control over it.

TDRC is preferred as a later standard and compatibility, so if it exists in file it is preferred.

Try on one file that contain TDRC and use Tools -> Advanced tag -> Clear Tags and then use Synchronize tags to save them again without TDRC if it is disabled in MediaMonkey.ini

Please let me know the result of test.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
Image
Image
How to add Images to forum

Cienega32
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Wrong 'date' info in "Now Playing"

Post by Cienega32 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:37 am

OK -

Disabled in ini file as per:
[MP3Tagging]
DisableFrames=TDAT;TDRC
EnableFrames=TYER

'Clean tags v1 & v2' clear all tags in the file but not library (as noted in the 'Are you sure...' pop-up). Track shows everything except artwork after clearing. Shows in MM not in physical file.

Sync Tags replaced all tags in the file itself with the original library values (other than TOTALDISCS & TOTALTRACKS) but no artwork. I think I would expect it not to as the art was in the file itself before being inserted into MMdb.


I also looked at the tags provided with both Auto-tag functions but both showed the TDRC value as 'Year' so I didn't update with either.

Post Reply