Files without artwork are NOT showing up in "files to edit -> unknown artwork"

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Aelius28

Files without artwork are NOT showing up in "files to edit -> unknown artwork"

Post by Aelius28 »

As per the thread title, I have some files that have no artwork associated with them but are not showing up in Entire Library -> Files to Edit -> Unknown Artwork.

Why might this be?

Here's a screenshot showing an example of a file with no artwork. In the background you can see the "unknown artwork" section has no entries.
Lowlander

Re: Files without artwork are NOT showing up in "files to edit -> unknown artwork"

Post by Lowlander »

Screenshot is for the Songs Library, not the Entire Library. It also shows some form of Artwork is associated with the file shown as it has an entry for it. It would be empty if no Artwork was associated with the file.
Aelius28

Re: Files without artwork are NOT showing up in "files to edit -> unknown artwork"

Post by Aelius28 »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:00 pm Screenshot is for the Songs Library, not the Entire Library. It also shows some form of Artwork is associated with the file shown as it has an entry for it. It would be empty if no Artwork was associated with the file.
Well, the file whose properties were open in that screenshot is a part of my Songs collection. But you're right - I investigated some of my other non-Song collections to see what their unknown artwork looks like, and it turns out that a file has to have a totally blank artwork page to be counted as "unknown artwork". It can't even have the weird "No Album Art" placeholder thing that you see in my screenshot. Basically, I wrongly assumed that that "No Album Art" thing meant that it should be showing up in the "unknown artwork" list.

So, on that note, what does that weird "No Album Art" thing mean? Why is it not just blank? And is there any way to know which albums have this No Album Art so that I can know which albums I need to seek out artwork for?

Thanks Lowlander! The years go by and you're always still around! :D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Hover over it to see where it is in the tooltip that shows.

The following Addon can be helpful in dealing with Artwork: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8678&hilit=album+art+tagger