Adding artist name and title

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bubba63

Adding artist name and title

Post by bubba63 »

I have some songs I added from CD's. I like to have everything the same, so I manually added the song title and artist name in the correct fields. However, the next time I plug in my MP3 player, it is back to having blank spaces where the artist and title should be. All the info is all the way to the right under "Filename."

Please help, a not very tech savvy senior. TIA.
Lowlander

Re: Adding artist name and title

Post by Lowlander »

In MediaMonkey, did you edit the files on your PC or on the device? Did you edit the Filename or the actual Artist and Title tags?

Tools > Auto-Tag from Filename can get tags from the filename to the tags: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... lename/4.0
bubba62

Post by bubba62 »

I edited them in my laptop. I also tried Auto Tag from filename, it seemed to work, but did not stick.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you working in the My Computer node or in the Music node in MediaMonkey? Are the files this failed for located on the PC harddrive or on the device? Which version of MediaMonkey and what File Type(s)?
bubba63

Post by bubba63 »

Files I am trying to rename are on the device (mp3 files) _ I think I have done both, going from ClipJam (name of player) and also from My Computer> ClipJam. Mostly the first though, when I try it the second way, it does not show all my music.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It may work better if you edit the files on your PC harddrive and sync them to the device again.
bubba63

Post by bubba63 »

so the problem seems to be that the tracks from some CD's do not make it onto the Clipjam, even though they show up. When I go to play them FROM the clipjam, they are not there. Do I need to rip the CD? I really don't want a bunch of unwanted files, I just want certain songs.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you ripping to the device directly?