MM sudden problem with 5.1 audio over stereo

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

GustavoLCR

MM sudden problem with 5.1 audio over stereo

Post by GustavoLCR »

I have a few dvd-a rips on my pc that are 5.1 surround sound that I listen with stereo headphones. I've never had a problem with them until yesterday when suddenly MM decided to stop playing back all channels, only the 2 first ones remaining. I'm pretty sure nothing changed from before when it worked. No driver or MM updates. Managed to make it work for a few more hours by restarting the computer and fiddling with Realtek before I went to sleep, and now it's back to not working again. Tried doing the same today but no dice. Reinstalled drivers, changed output plugin, messed with Windows audio settings, nothing. No idea what is happening. The music plays just fine with VLC or even Groove Music. I'm lost on what could be the cause. Any ideas on what could I do to try to solve it?
Lowlander

Re: MM sudden problem with 5.1 audio over stereo

Post by Lowlander »

Which output plugin are you using? Review its settings too.

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... e-51-sound
GustavoLCR

Post by GustavoLCR »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:20 pm Which output plugin are you using? Review its settings too.

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... e-51-sound
I tried using WASAPI, Direct Sound and WaveOut, switching them, restarting MM and testing, didn't work, tried enabling exclusive mode, running as adm, nothing.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I just tested with my Realtek sound card on Motherboard. and my settings that work can be seen at this image:
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts