Copy Music From Thumbdrive?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Pedro675

Copy Music From Thumbdrive?

Post by Pedro675 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:10 pm

I am attempting to add music files copied to a thumbdrive from iTunes on another computer to a computer with MM.

I copied the playlist I want to the thumbdrive then connected it to the other computer and opened MM. I have tried all ways to do this but I cannot get the songs to play. They are listed on the thumbdrive as sequential numbers or sequential numbers/letters. I can click on them and get a longer alpha/numeric code, which I assume is the music file.

I tried several ways but am unsuccessful. I thought there would be an "import" option but no.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lowlander

Re: Copy Music From Thumbdrive?

Post by Lowlander » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Try to play a Music (not Playlist) file from File Explorer with MediaMonkey? Does it fail? If so what file type(s) are failing and which version of MediaMonkey and Windows?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Pedro675

Re: Copy Music From Thumbdrive?

Post by Pedro675 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:40 pm

OK, I actually solved this after much trial and error. iTunes and MM does not make it easy. Direct Export/Import/Drag and Drop did not work.

I was able to figure out how to load the thumb drive music files to "My Music". Then copy that folder to iTunes. I gave up on MM during as it seemed to just complicate matters. If I want, I can now get MM to copy my music files.