Copy Music From Thumbdrive?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Pedro675

Copy Music From Thumbdrive?

Post by Pedro675 »

I am attempting to add music files copied to a thumbdrive from iTunes on another computer to a computer with MM.

I copied the playlist I want to the thumbdrive then connected it to the other computer and opened MM. I have tried all ways to do this but I cannot get the songs to play. They are listed on the thumbdrive as sequential numbers or sequential numbers/letters. I can click on them and get a longer alpha/numeric code, which I assume is the music file.

I tried several ways but am unsuccessful. I thought there would be an "import" option but no.

Any help would be appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: Copy Music From Thumbdrive?

Post by Lowlander »

Try to play a Music (not Playlist) file from File Explorer with MediaMonkey? Does it fail? If so what file type(s) are failing and which version of MediaMonkey and Windows?
Pedro675

Re: Copy Music From Thumbdrive?

Post by Pedro675 »

OK, I actually solved this after much trial and error. iTunes and MM does not make it easy. Direct Export/Import/Drag and Drop did not work.

I was able to figure out how to load the thumb drive music files to "My Music". Then copy that folder to iTunes. I gave up on MM during as it seemed to just complicate matters. If I want, I can now get MM to copy my music files.