Find which files are missing

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jokerjoe

Find which files are missing

Post by jokerjoe »

Using the 'update location of files in database' extension tells me I have some missing files, but I can't figure out which ones in order to run 'Locate moved/missing files'. When I look at 'Entire Library/Files to Edit/Dead Links' it displays my entire library, most of which isn't missing.

Any suggestions on how to find out which files in my library are missing?

Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Find which files are missing

Post by Lowlander »

Files to Edit > Dead Links would show this. Maybe you have duplicates where one copy is correct and one isn't (and is shown in Dead Links). Paths on the files would give an indication of this.

Which version of MediaMonkey are you using?
jokerjoe

Post by jokerjoe »

Strange, dead links is working as expected now. Running 4.1.21.1875. Sadly not duplicates, quite a few tracks missing and I guess the backup didn't work =(
CrazyJ

Post by CrazyJ »

I have a similar issue. I just installed mediamonkey and while Ripping CDs onto my computer it tells me that all of my files have been moved/missing when mediamonkey just created them.

I also have other mp3s that I've had for years when I try to add either the individual song or all of them they don't get migrated into my library.

How do I fix this?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Maybe you moved/deleted them outside of MediaMonkey?

Notes shows reasons files fail to add: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... elp:#Notes