MM doesn't recognize server any more

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

AlfG

MM doesn't recognize server any more

Post by AlfG »

Hello,
at my dads place he has stored all the music files on a server that's attached to the in-house network. For years MM didn't have any troubles recognizing it but since a few days ago when i visited suddenly MM didn't have the server (or any of the in-house servers) in the scan list. I uninstalled MM, i installed the newest version, nothing helps. When i tried to manually put in the folder on the server for scan on startup it gave my dad on his computer a message to allow access, which he did. However, nothing changed.
Any help is appreciated, i'm slowing getting desperate.

Greetings,
Alf
Lowlander

Re: MM doesn't recognize server any more

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and are you trying to scan a File Server or a Media Server?

Does Explorer have access to the File Server and is MediaMonkey run as the same Windows User?
AlfG

Post by AlfG »

The Version is 4.1.23.1881. I'm trying to scan a file server, there's lots of stuff on there but among it a folder with audio files.
Explorer has access to the files and MM is run as the same Windows user.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then using File > Add/Rescan Files, using the text box at left bottom to type (copy & paste from Explorer) the Path and use the Add button. Now OK the window and the the location should be scanned.