CD Text

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

salazone

CD Text

Post by salazone »

I created a CD with MMW 4.1 (Standard). Before creating the CD, I ensured the list of songs had all the expected information - Title, Artist, Album, Date, Genre, etc, etc, however when I played the CD on my home stereo all I saw was Track 1, Track 2, etc in the display. I played the CD in my high-end mp3 player in my car and could see the actual song titles, but nothing else (such as artist, album, etc). What is required to ensure the mp3 information is shown on all CD players? I want to at least see title and artist on any CD player, not just high-end mp3 players.
Peke

Re: CD Text

Post by Peke »

Hi,
From your post it is unclear if you burned Audio CD with CD Text or you burned MP3 Data CD with your MP3 Files?

Regarding playback unfortunately CD Text was adopted to Car stereos and Head Units as a standard years ago so now even 20 USD players have CD Text support when playing Audio CD, on the other hand home cd players never adopted it as a must standard. I have one that shows only number 1-99 when playing Audio CD.

Unfortunately Audio CD CD Text Generally support only Basic info Artist/Title/Album.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts