Exporting & copying files

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

JoePublic

Exporting & copying files

Post by JoePublic » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:34 pm

Here is my problem. I have a Marantz receiver which uses the HEOS app to connect to my MM server. I can play my MM playlists through my home audio system, BUT HEOS won't keep the playlist in its proper order. HEOS insists on alphabetizing the list by artist and then playlist. I've asked HEOS support to add the option to play the playlist in the order specified, but I have little hope they will honor the request any time soon if ever. They consider the alphabetization a "feature", working as intended.

So I'm trying to use MMW (Gold, current v 4.1.xxx) to get around the HEOS design. I know I can sync a set of files to an external device (such as a thumb drive) and name them in such a way that HEOS will play them in the order I desire. But, I'm trying to use my home network and not involve an external device, which is inconvenient to say the least.

I tried to use the Virtual CD feature to create a folder per playlist that I choose to export/copy, but I find that doesn't work. It won't use the variables "<Playlist>" in the subfolder field or "<Auto Number>" in the filename field when I export to VirtualCD. "<Playlist>" resolves to "Unknown" and "<Auto Number>" always results in "000".

I don't want to mess up my regular library by altering filenames or metadata just for this, but I'm willing to create a set of select duplicate files to be played through HEOS in the order I want, and then delete the duplicates later as desired. The duplicates won't be (and shouldn't be) part of the MMW library.

Any help or ideas, anyone?

Thanks!

Lowlander

Re: Exporting & copying files

Post by Lowlander » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Any drive letter drive can be synced to with: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... e-plug-in/

You can also use Auto-Organize Files set to Copy: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... enames/4.0
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)