Stop importing duplicates

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Uptightgroove

Stop importing duplicates

Post by Uptightgroove »

How do I stop MM importing duplicates. No point in importing them just for me to have to manually try to find them and delete them.

It's bad enough that MM can't just find identical tracks and delete them.

Regards
Lowlander

Re: Stop importing duplicates

Post by Lowlander »

You can't if you have actual duplicates on your PC, unless you don't scan folders where you have duplicates. You can manage duplicates once they're in the Library: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ate-tracks
Peke

Re: Stop importing duplicates

Post by Peke »

Uptightgroove wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:50 am It's bad enough that MM can't just find identical tracks and delete them.
There is MM Feature under Music -> Files to Edit -> Duplicate content where MM list all duplicates and only thing you need to delete those that you do not want and leave one that you want to keep. Same goes with Duplicate titles. MediaMonkey is not app that will deside to delete your duplicates according to what we programmed it, but will be fair enough to list you all potential duplicates so that you can easily choose which to keep and which to delete. I personally will not accept such kind of plain decision Kill file or not kill file. No one can take that responsibility on my 120k+ library I collected over 30 years, especially not some app.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts