[SOLVED] import Ampersand

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

d ross

[SOLVED] import Ampersand

Post by d ross » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:03 pm

when I had it add all my files to my library, it choked often (but not every time) when there was an ampersand. it inserted (ansi?) pound-38-ampersand into the directory and file name. If I remove this, it works but I don't really want to manually do this for 1000 files.

Lowlander

Re: import Ampersand

Post by Lowlander » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:13 pm

Which version of MediaMonkey and what Windows locale are you using?

Are you saying the Paths in MediaMonkey were changed or that the actual folder/filenames were changed? Are the files imported from a local drive, network location or from a http path?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

d ross

Post by d ross » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:56 pm

Wow that was fast. thanks!
MM 4.1.24
windows 7

file library managed/created by itunes
As an example, half this album worked, half didn't. first song filepath worked, second didn't. these are straight from file path in MM for two different songs on the same album
C:\Users\DON\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Music\Vic Godard & The Subway Sect\20 Odd Years_ The Story of Vic Godard &\04 No Love Now.mp3
C:\Users\DON\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Music\Vic Godard & The Subway Sect\20 Odd Years_ The Story of Vic Godard &\01 Nobody's Scared.mp3

d ross

Post by d ross » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 pm

Oh, and the files were not changed or moved. Just the file name is stored incorrectly in MM and the files are therefore not found.

d ross

Post by d ross » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:48 am

Okay,
Figured it out. Its actually the (really old) iPlayList importer script that is not handling ampersands well and when it can't find the song, it creates a new entry with that extra crap in the file name.
Its unfortunate but not really surprising given its real old.

thanks for your consideration.

Peke

Re: [SOLVED] import Ampersand

Post by Peke » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:58 am

Hi,
I Tested today and MM Import ampersand correctly on scan, only the playlists are problem as they are imported thru script that do not handle markup characters https://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_13.html

You can try to manually replace XML markups (backup original) and try to import again.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum