Date added to a playlist

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Kieutrang

Date added to a playlist

Post by Kieutrang » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:47 am

Does anyone know if it's possible to capture the date and time that a song is added to a Playlist? The reason is that I have a vast collection of songs in MM, and I maintain a manual Playlist of songs that I want to replay (either in MMW or MMA after syncing). This Playlist (simply named "To Replay") can be songs that I have recently added and want to replay before deciding on a rating, or songs that I just stumble across and want to replay, so add to the Playlist. I would like to be able to see when the songs were added to the PlayList so that I can sort it accordingly and review those that can maybe be removed due to their age. If this was possible, I could have child AutoPlaylists based on that date, e.g. songs added to the Playlist "To Replay" within the last 14 days, between 15 and 30 days, before 30 days etc.. So the field in the child AutoPlaylists would have to be selectable in the same way ad the "Added" field, e.g. ">", "<", "between", "< (days ago)" etc.
I hope that makes sense and that someone has an idea.

Peke

Re: Date added to a playlist

Post by Peke » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:32 pm

Hi,
I guess that you are mixing Tracks Added to Library and Playlist adding.

Playlists can't contain info when some track is added to it.

On Other hand you can use Auto-Playlists to tell it contain "15 random tracks that were added in past 30 days" Or "non played tracks added at least year ago".
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum