Album Tag Problem

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

sallenmd87
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Album Tag Problem

Post by sallenmd87 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:42 am

My DB got corrupted and I did not have a recent backup due to an error on my part. So I started a new DB from scratch. When I add/rescan my 240,000 tracks, MM changes the album names to the track number for each track, thus turning a 10-track album into 10 albums named T001-T010. It does these for just over 100,000 of the tracks. This is despite the fact that I have verified with the latest version of Mp3tag that each track has a proper album name tag (and all the other important tags). Anyone have any idea why MM would be doing this?

I should mention that these are M4a files and they were displaying properly in the corrupted database. I saved that database and they are still displayed correctly.

Lowlander
Posts: 46187
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Album Tag Problem

Post by Lowlander » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:11 am

Disable the Infer File Properties option under Tools > Options > Library.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

sallenmd87
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Re: Album Tag Problem

Post by sallenmd87 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:25 pm

Thanks. That got me part of the way there. Now it's simply leaving the Album field blank.

Lowlander
Posts: 46187
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Album Tag Problem

Post by Lowlander » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:33 pm

You could try: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... abase+sync to copy corrupt db to new db and see if it works.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

sallenmd87
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Re: Album Tag Problem

Post by sallenmd87 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:00 am

Lowlander wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:33 pm
You could try: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... abase+sync to copy corrupt db to new db and see if it works.
Thanks. I actually paid for the deluxe version, but it keeps erroring, even if I only try to import the playlists, so I suspect that the database corruption is preventing that sync. My next step is going to be to de-install MediaMonkey anr re-install to see if that might resolve the problem with MM not seeing the album name tags.

Post Reply