How to easily open the details of an album for choosing one song for the playlist

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

paulski

How to easily open the details of an album for choosing one song for the playlist

Post by paulski »

Hey everybody,

after quite a long and unsuccessful search I decided to ask here for help...
Imagine I'm browsing my music in the album-cover-view ("show art"). I need to use this view because otherwise it becomes confusing (for example the mode whith the cover art on the left and the titles on the right. It takes to much space and I don't find anything).

Some tracks are currently playing and I just want to add some more (out of different albums) to finish the playlist.
Unfortunately the only way I know, to display the tracks of an album, is to click the name of the album from which I wish to choose a song. Than I have to click "show details" in the corner.

And after that, browsing the library again and continueing from the same point where I stopped is impossible. Going back to the last view with the arrows in the left corner scrolls back to the top of the library and keeps the detail view :cry:

Without a more comfortable option, playing music from more than one album is really annoying...

I'd appreciate some help. Thank you very much.
And if there really is no way to browse the music as I wish - how do YOU solve the problem on your computer?

Paulski
Peke

Re: How to easily open the details of an album for choosing one song for the playlist

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you browse using album art I would suggest that you try MM5 from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d and let us know what we missed?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
paulski

Re: How to easily open the details of an album for choosing one song for the playlist

Post by paulski »

Hi Peke,

thank you for the reply.
So I suppose that MM5 has the feature that I'm missing?
The problem is that its not really long ago that I started to use MM4 and I have just finished arranging and sorting my huge music collection. I fear that it would be a great effort to repeat all this in MM5. Or is it super easy to transfer everything (with all metadata - including for example cover artwork that can't be stored in the songs metadata because of the songs format -, playlists usw) to MM5?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can take the database from MM4 to MM5 so it will have all the metadata and the location of external Artwork associated.