Brilliant device for playing PC stored music on the stereo

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Kos

Brilliant device for playing PC stored music on the stereo

Post by Kos »

Just making sure everybody knows about this impressive gadget from Logitech:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ ... NTID=11828

You don't even need a wireless router - the thing has it's own "USB streaming protocol" and streams the music directly from the PC to the the very handy remote where you simply choose what music the stereo should play.

In Denmark it's sold for just 180$

Kos
Setup: Sonos, Twonky, Qnap, MediaMonkey Lifetime
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Kos wrote:Brilliant device
Did you test the device? If so how is it?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Yea! it looks really good :)

Logitech recently invest lots in Accessories which is good really.

Anyone wanna buy me one? Just kidding.

Edit: I have checked its software and it is possibly to make Plugin for StreamPoint if Logitech Release SDK for Library Imports and Real Time update.

Also I have found http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ ... 5#Overview

Which looks like more acceptable.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kos

Haven't tried it myself....

Post by Kos »

As shown in my signature I stream via wifi (from my NAS to my client to my stereo and wifi-radio). And this setup works perfectly - and I DON'T need to have my PC on.

Anyway: The Logitech gadget's mobility is VERY impressive and that's why I might move from my SLA5520 to TEAC's upcoming (mid February) super gadget, the WAP-5000: http://dspd.teac.de/index.php?id=1449&L=1

But: If the NAS/wifi/client setup seems "too much" (economically/practically) the Logitech gadget is a must-have (I think!) if you have thousands of music files on your harddisk. From what I have read it's well functioning.

Kos
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can only claim brilliant if you used it. So far it attracted my attention too, but music streaming could be done a lot cheaper and this device is expansive for the functionality it provides.
Kos

A lot cheaper?

Post by Kos »

I thought I knew the most in the streaming area - please let me know how you stream "a lot cheaper" than the Logitech solution? Just curious, Lowlander... (and if your solution include the Logitech mobility I will surely rest my case!). The Teac WAP-5000 costs two times as much and is the only wifi mobile streaming client I know of. Furthermore: With the Logitech gadget you don't need a wireless router - you don't need the network problems - hehe.

Kos
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I actually don't stream myself as I use PC with my stereo and TV.

But RadioShack and the likes have audio and/or video streamers that are cheaper. Of course these only stream and don't come with any software or management interface. Also quality seems to be an issue with those.
The Logitech seems nice, I wanted one, but the price is just too high.
K2

Post by K2 »

Man... this Logitech wireless DJ really caught my eye, for what the potential of the device is I could surely justify the price (on sale on Newegg w/rebate) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6836121004 as a matter of fact!

I just keep shying away from it for fear it won't play nice w/ the monkey :( say it isn't so?

"StreamPoint software accesses the media libraries of:

Apple® iTunes® 6.0.2 (and higher)
Windows Media® Player 9 (and higher)
Musicmatch® Jukebox 9.0 build 508x (and higher)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no thanks I'll stick with the cheaper FM Transmitter i use. it does what i want and need with out the high cost. i really can not hear anything wrong with the FM. but that has been figured out to be, because i have an analog stereo unit. 8) :lol:

your others that have digital units might get some difference in FM but i don't. a nice smooth sound of jazz now on the player.
:D
so far today monkey has not crashed which is good. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

No lossless support = dealbreaker
Only wma and mp3 = dealbreaker
only wmp and itunes library support = dealbreaker

Shame. I really like Logitech, I am typing this on a G15 and mousing with a G7.

No FLAC = Low Tech
Peke

Post by Peke »

Not so sure about your claims that it could not be used on other Apps than those, I have looked at files inside Software that uses that device and there are DLLs that control and support your claims only thing is that Logitech (for now) keep format of those plugins for himself.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Balinsky

um its cute

Post by Balinsky »

To play my music on my 600 watt surround sound i just use a good old stereo Y cable. Then i can play anything your computer can play. with perfect sound quality cause it just plugs right in. best of all it cost me a solid $3 USD at my local Kmart.

but then again i live in a dorm so streaming something would be really dumb
MediaMonkey Gold member
gertsolo

Post by gertsolo »

I have bought this device and luv it.

I have one question though. I'm using MM as my all time favorite player but would like to export everything to windows media player (since this is used by the logitech device)

How can I do this?

Or maybe just the playlists?
judas

Post by judas »

i recently bought the Motorola DC800 tranceiver...if your computer supports Bluetooth A2DP profile it's the perfect device :-)...also, found it for US$29.95 on ebay (new)!
Cheers, judas