Alternative portable player to play Audible?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

alanl

Alternative portable player to play Audible?

Post by alanl »

I currently have an Archos GMini400 with a 20GB drive, which is fine for listening to music, podcasts, or audiobooks on my daily commute to work.
The problem with this is that it doesn't natively play Audible .aa files, so I have to convert my Audible downloads to MP3 with dbPoweramp, then tag them, etc. before synching.

I'm thinking of getting another, larger capacity, player that can handle MP3 (or OGG) and Audible .aa, and possibly video also although that is not a must. As far as I can see the only player to fit my spec is the 80GB iPod. Can anyone suggest an alternative, non-Apple, player? Or even a flash player on which I can play my Audible audiobooks.
julial49

Post by julial49 »

Basically you need a player that supports "plays for sure". Some of the iRiver do and my T30 does play Audible files (testet it successfully)
alanl

Post by alanl »

Thanks for the suggestion, but in the end I bit the bullet and got an iPod Nano 8GB. At least with this I can listen to podcasts and Audible audiobooks, as well as music, on my train journeys to/from work, and it fits easily in my shirt pocket.

Of course, two weeks after I bought it Apple brought out the next generation :-(