Windows Caller ID, Answering Machine software?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Owyn

Windows Caller ID, Answering Machine software?

Post by Owyn »

Bah. Both my phone (with caller id) and digital answering machine are acting up. Looking into replacing them with some windows software package.

e.g. http://www.voicecallcentral.com/advancedcallcenter.htm
which has a try before you buy offer.

My internal modem appears to have all the features required, so, I will probably test hardware setups using the above package.

Has anyone else experience/recommendations with this category of application?
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Peke

Re: Windows Caller ID, Answering Machine software?

Post by Peke »

The one of the best Apps I ever used and manage to use is http://www.imptec.com/callstation.htm and it is must have in case you wanna replace hardware answering machine.

I know it sound stupid but I still have Pentium II 800Mhz with Win 98SE equipped with Callstation and two External Hardware Voice modems that serve as answering machine in one of the firms I worked for along with Mercury mailserver and Mobile SMS gate to send notifications to Mobile Phones about calls and is working for more than 8 years. Last year they called me to move the server into new location an set it up again using ISDN with call forwarding and it worked without a hitch. Well I had big issues to locate ISDN Modem that work but when I found it, it fired up without a problem.

The modems I recommend are those that uses Intel 537EP Chip as they are low profile, good software support (haven't tested them on Win 7 althru I have 3 of them) and full support for CallStation. A;so check their recommendations http://www.imptec.com/modems.htm
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Thanks, I will give it a try.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Grrr:
Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem for my Dell E521
Though DFVc stands Data, Fax, and Voice compatible, this modem is not truly Voice compatiable
Both these AT commands indicate it is not a voice modem.

AT+FCLASS=? - 0,1
AT#CLS=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED

Dell Quality contol strikes again. :(
My internal modem is not TAPI compliant and it can't be fixed by a driver update.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Do not worry, 99% of Modems do not support TAPI. $10 with shipping from newegg is cheap thing and good deal along with CallStation. you will never regret.

Personally I have 3 http://www.sweex.com/en/assortiment/int ... s/CA000022 that I bought for $3 at the time.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Do you guys still have to use a modem? Don't you have an ADSL provider you can hook up to?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Yep. Home application. I have a land line which splits off the DSL but still need to use true DVF & TAPI modem to use telephony app on Windows PC.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Ok, I see!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Giarc

Post by Giarc »

Hi Owyn,

I'm the author of CallStation. The Conexant D850 modem that came with your Dell computer is actually voice capable, and should work fine with CallStation under Windows 2000 or XP. Unfortunately, it will not work properly if you have Vista or Windows 7. I hope that helps.