How do you listen to music

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Diplomat

How do you listen to music

Post by Diplomat »

How do you listen to music? MP3 player, iPhone, Radio, internet, vinyl?

If the 50’s and 60's were the era of the record, in the 70's we had tape, (lovely 8-tracks and cassettes!), and the Sony Walkman, then CD's in the 80’s and now MP3's.

This Day in Music is running a poll to find out how you listen to your music.

If you fancy having a vote http://tinyurl.com/tdimpoll
rovingcowboy

Re: How do you listen to music

Post by rovingcowboy »

with my ears. :lol:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Solitaire001

Post by Solitaire001 »

Diplomat wrote:How do you listen to music? MP3 player, iPhone, Radio, internet, vinyl?

If the 50’s and 60's were the era of the record, in the 70's we had tape, (lovely 8-tracks and cassettes!), and the Sony Walkman, then CD's in the 80’s and now MP3's.

This Day in Music is running a poll to find out how you listen to your music.

If you fancy having a vote http://tinyurl.com/tdimpoll
I use my Walkman digital audio player and the CD/MP3 player in my car. As far as the music itself, almost all of it is on CD, with a few old LPs and some cassettes.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Actually I agree with Cowboy, actual playback Device is not important.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i was joking peke. i answered the subject question as it is typed.

to me the playback does matter but that is not what was asked. :roll:

to me vinyl is best for sound. just have better tones on it, but then if you know what to do
with digital you can't go wrong with it. check out any elvis recording done after the late 1960's
he was the first person to use total digital recording when it came out. they sound the same
as if they were done in the last 10 minutes. but are about 50 years old.
so there are benifits to digital media.
but that downfall is that you need to remember to addin the adjustments for the loss of the tonal sound vinyl had.

and the tapes well they were really out in the late 50's with 4 tracks. then in the early 60's with 8 tracks. cassettes came out in the mid to late 60's and the 70's were just mass improvements in all the media for recording but the digital recording got cheap enough in the late 70's and started to be used in the 80's, now its basicly the most used, but there are some
returning to the vinyl media because it sounds better.
the whole deal with going away from vinyl in the first place was because it consumes mass amounts of oil to make the records and they thought it would be less oil to make disks. but in fact it takes more because of the mass amounts of hand helds and other players that use plastic which is made with oil also. guess they found it really didn't matter as the cost was going to go up any way.

so which device to i use to listen to music, the am fm radio, the computer mediamonkey player, the cdrom player in the truck, the 8 track home player recorder when i want to use the 8 track and i can get the rubber wheel to not spin on the tape. or the cassette deck when i have one i want from there, also the usb turn table i have to play records with but that out puts through the computer. but even now the cable tv channels have some to play music on and videos on so i listen and watch from there at times also.

you could say i still use all of those devices to play music on. :D

but i still listen with my ears. :lol:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Shiny Rabbit

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

I listen with my eyes :D (ok that was terrible but someone was bound to say it)

most of the time, I play my music on MediaMonkey from my external HDD, when I'm out and about, I use my iPod or when I'm making lunch I put a CD on.

Windows 7 Enterprise x64. MediaMonkey 4 (unless I forget to update this)
davidchatman

Post by davidchatman »

I use my music player or ipod for listening
AngeloHanna12

Post by AngeloHanna12 »

I listen to my music through my android smartphone. If im at home i just connect my phone to my speakers and just relax.
krisEM

Post by krisEM »

I use my bus mp3 player. because I am bus driver

Post by Guest »

mp3 player + Internet + vinyl ) Depends on the place and time.
cn1887

Post by cn1887 »

mp3 player, phone, internet, home theater.... doesnt really matter as long as I like the music im listening to and the headphones/speakers are great.
alexwebster

Post by alexwebster »

Ipod in the gym, spotify at work via my work computer , amazon sound cloud on my smart phone
st-ara

Post by st-ara »

I listen music through iPod, media players and CDS. I also listen through old school radio and through internet radio. I also put songs in my phone so I can also listen to music whenever I don't have any mp3s with me.
Deehege

Post by Deehege »

I listen on my iphone online. I have this app called tuneIn Radio that broadcasts radio stations from all over the world. So I listen all day to music from different countries depending on my mood at the time. Fantastic app. Music sounds great when you listen through good quality headphones.
judorick

Post by judorick »

internet radio... streaming all the time

deezer is a cool site