Using MediaMonkey equalizer for general sound input

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

bobster151

Using MediaMonkey equalizer for general sound input

Post by bobster151 »

I know this is a long shot and probably not possible but here goes.

I have been using MediaMonkey for over 5 years and it's great, I use the Equalizer to enhance the sound which is pushed out to my audio system.

I was wondering if there was any way I could push the input from my TV through the MediaMonkey Equalizer to output to my audio system. I love the sound I can get playing MP3s in MediaMonkey but my sound card doesn't come with any Equalizer software so I can't enhance my external audio sources.

I know it's a long shot but I'm desperate!
Lowlander

Re: Using MediaMonkey equalizer for general sound input

Post by Lowlander »

No, that would not be possible. You might want to check if you sound card comes with software that also has an equalizer so you use that.
bobster151

Post by bobster151 »

I didn't think so, thanks for the reply anyway.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

bobster151 wrote:I didn't think so, thanks for the reply anyway.
might be possible bob with winamp and one of its output plugins. winamp's eq is almost the same as mediamonkey's
only you will have to set up presets in it differently.

but winamp has a line in plugin. listed in its plugin site umm? i got it along time ago it might still be there??

but you would then just have to use the tv with winamp and music with mediamonkey. but you would get an eq with
your tv.

i how ever did it a different way..
old school very old school.

i put a patch cord from the tv to the home stereo units acc plug or the cd rca jacks since it did not have
a cdrom drive with it. then i ran the sound through the stereo unit which has big surround speakers in the house.
so when i use the eq on it and turn up the sound. well it feels like that bomb just blew up the chair i'm sitting in.

and a couple of patch cords if you can use them on the tv are a lot easier then
setting up another comptuer program to use. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
bobster151

Post by bobster151 »

Hi roving, thanks for that, the Winamp line-in plugin sounds just what I have been looking for, I will investigate :)
bobster151

Post by bobster151 »

amandasmith wrote:Hi,

Check the following information http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... se&_a=view

Hope this information helps you.
Hi, that link just takes me to the Knowledge Base page, is there a particular article I should be checking out?
jmsmrtn98

Post by jmsmrtn98 »

I thought I was crazy that my MM sound output sounded "worse" or "different" than Winamp or other interfaces. I thought my imagination was playing tricks on me. Perhaps they are playing tricks on us all?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

jmsmrtn98 wrote:I thought I was crazy that my MM sound output sounded "worse" or "different" than Winamp or other interfaces. I thought my imagination was playing tricks on me. Perhaps they are playing tricks on us all?
i think it depends on the sound card and its drivers that you are using. as i get great sound with mediamonkey.

of course i do use it by sending it through a fm transmitter to the home stereo which is an old old analog unit.
and i have all computer sound drivers updated. i do think that the new digital sound stereo units might be the reason
for the bad sound when others send it through there home units.

i know its possible for us to get updated drivers for our dvd players by asking the manufactor for a dvdrom of updated
drivers for our unit number and model but if we can get it a cdrom for the sound drivers of the digital home stereo unit's i don't know some one else will have to try with their units manufacture and see if it is possible.

if it is then that might fix a lot of the sound issues from the home stereo units.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
hanger

Post by hanger »

put a patch cord from the tv to the home stereo units acc plug or the cd rca jacks since it did not have
a cdrom drive with it. then i ran the sound through the stereo unit which has big surround speakers in the house.
so when i use the eq on it and turn up the sound. well it feels like that bomb just blew up the chair i'm sitting inImage