MediaMonkey on ubuntu (or linux)

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

MediaMonkey on ubuntu (or linux)

Postby Blumbly » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:44 am

Not sure if this is in the right topic heading or not.I don't think so sorry if it caused someone extra work.Sorry for that.
One of the biggest things I would like to know is.Is there a MediaMonkey that can run on ubuntu/Linux?
As I've had a lot of problems with windows and have changed my os over.The biggest problem with changing over is I don't want to lost my MediaMonkey.
Does anyone know if there is a version that will run on it?
Or is there some way it can be run on it?
It is just such an awesome program and I really don't want to have to lose it.
Thanks
Blumbly
Blumbly

Re: MediaMonkey on ubuntu (or linux)

Postby dtsig » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:01 am

No .. currently MediaMonkey requires windows. You would use sw to create a VME though not familiar enough with with Linux myself to point you to the best sw.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dtsig

Postby MMFrLife » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:21 am

Last edited by MMFrLife on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]
MMFrLife

Postby George Trench » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:10 pm

I personally have 2 Lifetime Gold Licenses bought many many years ago, which basically sit unused with backup windows installations that I rarely open.

I run Linux (Sparkylinux - based on Debian Testing - with Enlightenment) and I too very much missed MediaMonkey.

I have found GMusicBrowser to be an acceptable alternative until such time as I can use MM on linux.
I basically followed VastOne's instructions on CrunchBang (crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=20323) using the Z_ICE_V0.2 for the player window layout.
It's not MediaMonkey, but quite usable for large collections until such time as MediaMonkey arrives for Linux.
Hope it helps in the meantime

Luck
George Trench

Return to Off Topic