Loading to MP4 player

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Philby

Loading to MP4 player

Post by Philby » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:40 am

Not sure if this is the right place but ...

I have an MP4 plyer bought in Hong Kong recently.
It seems to look like a simple USB device (drive) to Windows (and MM of course). When I selected a bunch of songs to copy to the device via MM drag and drop, they all copied across fine, but the player could not find them. I figured out the problem is that MM created a typical directory structure of artist, then album, etc, and the device cannot easily navigate this structure (me either !). It would suit me better to just place the mp3's where I want them to go, and not have the more complex structure MM wants to create on the target drive for me. Can I tell MM thats what I want, or do I have to copy the files over from Windows native. It would be so much better to use MM, as it is much easier to assemble playlists that are then very easy to drag and drop.
Regards
Philby

Philby

Post by Philby » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:11 am

Thanks for the replies folks
Regards
Philby

Steegy

Post by Steegy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:12 am

Sorry. I never saw this post before.

I don't know a lot about syncronising, but I do know that the destination path can be set up using a mask in the portable player's plugin settings.

For the portable device options, click on the black down arrow right of the "synchronisation" button on the default toolbar, and choose options.
Or, choose menu Tools > Options... > Portable audio device

There, select the device you want to configure and click the "Options" button on the right. (the plugin name should be d_USBMass1.dll)

In the tab "Synchronisation Options", you can set up the path where to synchronise the songs to, using the "synchronise to" text box.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:40 am

Thanks Steegy,
There looks to be a few parameters there that should solve my problem. I will post here again if I run into any issues.