Gigabeat Question

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Cataclysm

Gigabeat Question

Post by Cataclysm »

I have a toshiba s series gigabeat, and use MM to transfer music to it. I have a silly question : When i transfer the music, it is sorted under albums, genres, songs etc, like any large mp3 player, but how do i get it to transfer the albums as a subset of the genres?? ie if I have 10 albums which are, for instance, under the genre pop, on the player itself, the albums are not listed as albums but only as individual tracks. How do i get the albums to list under the genres???
kringel

Post by kringel »

I have exactly the same problem and couldn't find an answer anywhere. Did you come up with something? Do I have to go back to WMP???
jgrills

Post by jgrills »

I went through this myself and found the solution. The Gigabeat uses the ID Tags to figure things out like what songs belong to what albums. Make sure you have those set up correctly and it should just work.
kringel

Post by kringel »

Thanks, but I do have all my tags properly named (right-click song/album - properties) and still it only gives me an alphabetical order of songs in the genre view of the player. All other views (artist, album etc.) are ok and ordered properly. When I use WMP it shows up alright ordered by album. But I went away from WMP since it has trouble detecting changes made to the tags and copies songs/albums twice. Additionally it's pretty slow.
emalvick

Post by emalvick »

Really, this sounds like a problem with the Gigabeat and not MM... That being said, my own MP3 player (an archos) does the exact same thing. That is by design.

The only way to see albums on my mp3 player is through the artists or albums nodes on the player.

My solution for my player when I want to be able to browse things differently is to setup a file structure on the player that mimics what I'd like. My mp3 player lets me browse the file structure to play music...

For instance, I could put the music on my player using a file structure (using the tags).

\Music\Genre\Artist\Album (or whatever works for you).

Then I can browse to Genre, Artist, and Album. Just customize it to what works for you, and then browse your player's file system to choose your music as if it was your Genre node... Hopefully, the gigabeat can do this.

Erik