Can I re-sync only the songs on my Zen 30 GB

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Peabody67gto

Can I re-sync only the songs on my Zen 30 GB

Post by Peabody67gto »

Hi - I bought a Creative Zen 30 GB (M) player about the same time I got MM. 1st problem is I only got the 30GB and I have about 55 GB of music on my hard drive. For weeks I would decide what songs to load on my Zen. I would start with the A's (Artists) and by the time I got to the S's I was out of space in the Zen. After cutting back and then adding the rest I loaded about 27 Gigs on the zen and kept some open space for new stuff.

In the last 2 months I have used MM to get all the LP covers, rate the songs, fix everything I wanted in the tags. I want to add the new info onto the songs that are in my zen. Do I have to start all over and pick and choose the songs and format my zen and then pick all the songs over again or is there a way to sync the zen and just get the updated files I fixed which is about 20 gigs.

I did in explorer make a folder & made a copy from the zen with all the music files in it. I guess if I had to start from scratch I could look at that file and then select the songs again for the zen. Or is there anyway to get the tag info to those files I got off the Zen and then put them back in the player. Maybe I could drag and drop the files from my folder to the zen music folder and it would overwrite the songs with the new info. But how do I get the info to that zen folder I made.

This is driving me crazy - I should just buy a 60 GB player. I did notice the zen is svery slow when it is almost full. I guess that is normal.

Any help, suggestions will help me.

THANKS
DazB

Post by DazB »

Hi,

Please read This

Daz
Peabody67gto

Post by Peabody67gto »

Hey Daz - Thanks for the post but it does not help my problem because it does not give me a list of songs on My Zen for me to sync. I have 28 gigs and do not know which songs of the 58 gigs on my PC to check.
Maybe I could go to the zen node and then all the info on the zen will come up and it might let me select all and then I can sync the songs on my zen to get the new tags to my player.
THANKS