Album Art Syncronisation Questions / Problem!

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

pauld

Album Art Syncronisation Questions / Problem!

Post by pauld »

Hi,

MM Gold user 2.5.5.998 and thought I would share my experiences and problems with syncronising album art to an iPod 5th gen 30Gb.

My library is approx 4,800 flac files and about 20 mp3. I have album art linked to the flac files - all as cover.jpg. mp3 files have embedded art.

After many problems getting album art to display on the iPod, trawling the forums and help files,and experimenting I have narrowed down my problem:

When I rebuild the device database, I lose most (95%) of the album art displaying on the iPod. It still seems to be on the iPod in the album art folder, but if in iTunes I uncheck the "Show Album Art" checkbox and check it again (as suggested in other postings), iTunes processes away for a bit and seems to delete most of the art from the Album art folder (it drastically reduces in size).

The only way to get it back is restore the iPod and start again.

I have been transferring my music to the iPod over night (seems to do about 1,000 songs over night - so five nights needed - should it be that slow?) but if I have to terminate it by cleanly by right clicking on the progress bar (so I can take my laptop to work in the morning :-)) the songs are not recognised on the iPod until a rebuild of the device database is done - which loses the album art.

So my work around at the moment is to transfer in small batches so I don't have to terminate it early. But this is not ideal.

Questions:

Is this a bug? When I terminate, should MM cleanly finish off as it it had come to the end of normal syncronisation?

Is there a way to rebuild the device database without losing album art?

Apart from described above, when am I likely to need a device database rebuild? I like the album art, but I don;t want to have to reload 25Gb of music if I have to rebuild the db!

Hope someone canhelp - or this info helps others.

Paul.
pauld

Post by pauld »

As an addition to the above, I have just realised that one I have got my music across to my iPod with album art (by avoiding the issues in previous post!), if I then connect it to iTunes, it goes through a process to do with gapless playback - and all teh album art dissapears!

I am reaching the end of the road (and my patience!) on this one - and may have to go back to iTunes :-(

Any ideas for the gapless playback thing?