duplicate files because of playlists.

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

clarke91

duplicate files because of playlists.

Post by clarke91 »

I am using media monkey with my samsung yp-k5. i have added all my tracks to the library and then synced them successfully.

however, there is no way of creating playlists using the yp-k5, so i tried to do it using media monkey. i created a playlist, and sent the songs i wanted in my library, to the playlist.

then i right clik the playlist and click sync.

the problem is i now have duplicate files. and if i am going to have for example four playlists with all of my tunes on, then i will have every song twice.

is there anyway i can get the songs on the playlist to read from their original location, instead of making duplicates of them?

thanks in advance.

Post by Guest »

anybody?
kdo

Re: duplicate files because of playlists.

Post by kdo »

clarke91 wrote: the problem is i now have duplicate files. and if i am going to have for example four playlists with all of my tunes on, then i will have every song twice.
Could you say more specific where are the duplicates located, in which path (on the player). You say there are only two duplicates even though more than two playlists?

Also how is your file name mask set up in the synchronisation options?
clarke91 wrote: then i right clik the playlist and click sync.
Well, try instead to select these playlists in the autosynchronisation options and then use auto-sync button.
(That is how I am doing it and it works ok, no duplicates)