Since MM doesn't sync with Zune, how to best use together?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

lands

Since MM doesn't sync with Zune, how to best use together?

Post by lands »

Hi all,

I'm in the process of getting all my music files managed (they are all over 4 different hard drives) using Media Monkey. The main driver for doing this was my recent Zune purchase.

So - since MM doesn't sync with Zune, how do you best use the two together?

I'm guessing (and hoping) that the tags, cover art, and playlists will carry over to the Zune when I import them there. Is that correct?

Any info and tips on how to make these things work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the time,
Lands
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Tags and cover art will be imported by the Zune software, but the Zune software uses its own database so once you make changes within MediaMonkey, those changes won't be detected by the Zune software (annoying, yes!).

The only way to update tags and artwork (to reflect changes made in MM) is to delete the files from the Zune library (but don't delete from computer!) and then re-import them.

Playlists can be imported but its really just a work around. Use the 'export all playlists' script (Tools-> Scripts -> Export All Playlists) to export your playlists as .m3u's somewhere on your computer, then those files can be imported into the Zune software. Again, changes made within MM won't be detected by the Zune software, so you'll have to re-export those playlists if you make changes within MM.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
eakucera00

Post by eakucera00 »

Has there been any changes or updates with syncing music to a Zune since the firmware was releases recently. Thats the only reason why i haven't bought a Zune is because it's failure to play nice with MediaMonkey like so many other devices.
Check Out SlackerSocial @ www.slackersocial.com
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

No, Zune is still unable to sync with anything other than its own software. :(

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

The Zune can now be sync'ed with MM using a work-around. I have written a fairly extensive guide on how to do so - see here.