How not to have sync delete files from player?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

olliehay39

How not to have sync delete files from player?

Post by olliehay39 »

I have an older PC with not a lot of hard drive space free. I put the music on my computer, and then sync to device, then end up deleting from my hard drive to have space. When I sync the device next time, it deletes from the player whatever is missing from my hard drive.

My hard drive has about 4 gigs I can play with - my device holds 18. I can't keep the 18 gigs on my computer so the sync will work the way the developers evidently think it should.

How can I stop it doing this, so it will add new content only and not remove what I've already put on the device?

Thanks.
Kevinino

Post by Kevinino »

It may help if you said what device you are using.

For an Ipod you would just uncheck Delete tracks that aren't on the sync list from the device

in

Options->Portable Audio Device->ipod->configure->auto-sync options
olliehay39

Post by olliehay39 »

Thanks, Kevinino.

I'm using a Sandisk SansaView.

I apologise for being so hopeless. I'm having difficulty in figuring out how to move files on and off the SansaView without having the program look to my computer and try to make them the same. As an example, I listen to audiobooks during my work day, but like to have *some* music on the device as well. I don't want to have to keep this music on the computer all the time, but want it to be 'fixed' on the Sansa, but the other content to be relatively fluid, moving files on and off as I finish with them. I'm not remotely interested in having the same files on the computer as on the Sansa (with past experience of hard drive failure etc, I download files, burn them to data dvd's and put them away). Is there an easy way to achieve deletion and addition of files?

Thank you very much.