Auto-sync does not add playlist to sync-list

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> 'Copy playlists' seems right to me, it is copying the playlists from MM onto the player.

It isn't. The MM playlists aren't compatible with the player. In the case of the first checkbox, 'Library playlists', MM is generating new playlists from the library ones. And in the case of the other three checkboxes, MM is generating new playlists from other Library info.
Chris
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

chrisjj wrote:> 'Copy playlists' seems right to me, it is copying the playlists from MM onto the player.

It isn't. The MM playlists aren't compatible with the player. In the case of the first checkbox, 'Library playlists', MM is generating new playlists from the library ones. And in the case of the other three checkboxes, MM is generating new playlists from other Library info.
While that's true, when you're speaking to the average user.. I don't think they'll know the difference. 'Generate playlist' is more likely to just confuse them, I'd think.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> hile that's true, when you're speaking to the average user..
> I don't think they'll know the difference.

Well, he can see there /is/ a difference - ostensibly important enough for MM to make on the UI - but he can't see what the difference is. This conflict undermines his ability to make sense of the program.

This specific problem is that the UI is app- not user-centric - talking about actions not objects. The Auto-sync UI would be much clearer organised in terms of source (PC) v. destination (device) objects. The current "Playlists" is then just playlists you select on the PC. The current "Copy/Generate playlists" is just playlists you select on the device. More nouns, fewer verbs - less confusion.
Chris
callisto9

Re: Auto-sync does not add playlist to sync-list

Post by callisto9 »

melody wrote:I just upgraded to v3.02 and now my playlists do not sync when I select Auto-Sync. I have a creative Zen V Plus and have not had any problem in the past. I have several playlists selected in my device profile settings page but when I select Auto-sync, it asks me to delete playlists from my device because they are not in the sync-list. I have selected all of my playlists and none of them are in the sync-list and do not get synced.

I manually synced the playlists by right clicking on the playlist and selecting Send to...My Zen(synchronize). This does add the playlist to my device but duplicates the tracks that have already been added to the device.

What happened? I have searched the forums and looked at every setting to try and figure out why playlists do not get synced with aut-sync even when they are selected in the device configuration.

Please help!
I've got the exact same problem. Still not found a solution. This all worked fine in the previous version of MM.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later." - Mitch Hedberg

(o\_vw_/o) - beetles rule!
chrisjj

Re: Auto-sync does not add playlist to sync-list

Post by chrisjj »

melody wrote:right clicking on the playlist and selecting Send to...My Zen(synchronize). This does add the playlist to my device but duplicates the tracks that have already been added to the device.
Interesting... that may be a clue to a fix or workaround. Could you report the device filepath (found in the MM tree My Zen node) of on original track and of a duplicate track?
Chris