variety of sync issues with Iriver Clix2

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

contento

variety of sync issues with Iriver Clix2

Post by contento »

I have an Iriver Clix2 and MM Gold. I thought I had autosync all setup, but the only time it sync's is when I plug the player in or when I right-click the device in MM and chose autosync. I have items (files and playlists and podcasts) in the autosync list checked. I also have file monitor on but that does not appear to function either (I add files to that folder and it doesn't move it to the player immediately). Isn't it supposed to push those files to the player as soon as they are added to the monitored folder (or altered)?

I have playlists and autoplaylists setup for my clix2. When I Sync, all of the files are moved to the player even if they are already there. Shouldn't a playlist just move the playlist file itself and not EVERY file it links to? Am I doing something wrong?

Why can't I turn on the "sync files from player to PC" setting?

Thanks all
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Auto-sync only will sync when the player is first plugged in, it will not sync if the player is plugged in, has been synced, then something in the library is changed.

I think sync files from player to PC only works for the iPod though I can't say that for sure.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
contento

Post by contento »

ahh...that helps to clarify a bit. What, then, is "file monitor" for? It's supposed to recognize changes to the directories monitored and sync them...no? OR does it only ADD them to the to-be-synced list so that when next the device is connected/autosynced, they transfer?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

contento wrote:ahh...that helps to clarify a bit. What, then, is "file monitor" for? It's supposed to recognize changes to the directories monitored and sync them...no? OR does it only ADD them to the to-be-synced list so that when next the device is connected/autosynced, they transfer?
File monitor picks up and adds tracks to your library for example if you rip a cd to some folder with another program, or if you download tracks to some folder. Those tracks will get automatically added to the MM library. Also, if you move tracks from one folder to another using windows explorer while MM is running, MM will detect the change and update the database with the new track location.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.