ipod Classic 160g - Synch probs - Vista

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

quofiend

ipod Classic 160g - Synch probs - Vista

Post by quofiend »

Many moons ago I spent weeks of my life trying to synch MM with an iPod. (Dec 2007 timeframe I think - forum entries will be there I'm sure)
Finally all was working well. Now... I have just upgraded to 3.03 1183 and the synch is messed up again.
MM is ignoring the Sync Optoion and is trying to COPY ALL tracks to the iPod . This has of course screwed the ipod since there isnt space for everything not to mention the overnight run that was required since I didnt want to force crash the conenction. I've tried all sorts but cannot get this to work.
Any ideas...
I dont know whats wrong but I have to say I am suprised that once again a new release cannot synch to a standard iPod 160gig classic without hassle. Last time it was a nightmare... .. i hope it is an easy fix this time.
Environment is Vista Ultimate.
quofiend

Re: ipod Classic 160g - Synch probs - Vista

Post by quofiend »

More info...
I've rebuilt the Device DB. I've updated iPod software to 1.1.2 (using a separate PC - there is no iTunes on the MM Machine)
Rebooted etc.. but MM still just tries to COPY the complete library to the iPod and not " Sync Selected" bombs out since not enough space on iPod.

Then I went for lunch.
Came back.... booted machine... started MM, put iPod in dock (after MM started - which is the only thing that I can think of that I've not done before) and clicked on "Sync Selected" (as usual) and it started working as it should and removing old stuff and updating the new...
Go figure.
All is well..
I'd delete these posts if I could but seems you cant anymore...