Hmm, I'm not sure these last 3 replies were responding to my post or not. I'm new to posting on this forum, so forgive this newbie please!
To recap...my iPhone 3G is working fine, and it syncs fine with iTunes. BEFORE I let the iPhone touch my PC, I checked this forum, read that MM doesn't yet support it, so I was very very careful not to run MM at the same time the iPhone was connected to the PC. So, MM never "saw" the iPhone 3G, never tried to touch it. Here's the sequence of events
1. Before ever connecting the iPhone 3G to the PC: MM worked great with my iPod 60GB, and iTunes was used only for occasional FW updates to the iPod (after 1-2 months the iPod 60GB gets in a weird state where the only solution I've found is a complete restore via iTunes - annoying but infrequent, I've learned to live with it).
2. Before buying the iPhone, I checked this forum, saw the issues with MM non-compatibility with iPhone 3G, and decided to get it anyway and wait for the MM development team to fix the problem. I'm already experienced with keeping MM and iTunes completely separate, never running at the same time.
3. I bought the iPhone, used iTunes to configure it & sync with Outlook apps, bought a few apps from the iTunes store, and generally get to know my new toy (oops, I mean tool!). MM was never run during this stage.
4. With no iPhone connected and with iTunes not running, I ran MM to sync my old iPod and to create a M3U file with my favorite playlist.
5. With MM not running, even in background, I connected the iPhone, ran iTunes, imported the M3U file into iTunes & downloaded it to the iPhone. No problem, everything worked fine, I went to bed happy
6. Next morning, after a fresh reboot, with no iPhone connected and iTunes not running, I tried to run MM to listen to music. The splash screen came up, the minilyrics screen came up (I use the minilyrics plug-in for MM), but MM never started. The MM icon appears in the system notification tray, but when I try to click on it, it disappears.
7. I checked this forum, saw the trick about renaming the d_iphone.dll file, tried that, but it didn't work.
8. I saved my MM backup directory (I'm using trixmoto's Backup script) before uninstalling MM, downloaded the latest version of MM & installed that. MM still won't run. I renamed the d_iphone.dll file again, but MM still won't run.
Current status: Itunes is fine, the iPhone 3G syncs with it and the iPhone is fine. MM will not run, period. The MM splash screen appears, the minilyrics window opens, the splash screen disappears, the minilyrics window disappears, the MM icon is in the system notification tray, but MM does not run, and the MM icon disappears when I try to click it. The only tracks in iTune's library are from the M3U file I imported, I don't let iTunes touch most of my 130GB+ music library, I'm addicted to MM for managing the library. I haven't synced the iPod 60GB since all this started.
Why won't MM run now?