iPod Touch Corrupted Album Art

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jest

the problem might be iTunes podcasts

Post by jest » Fri May 15, 2009 3:12 pm

I've been having trouble with this too.

When I 1st started using MM, the artwork worked fine with regular mp3's.

But I think it has something to do with podcasts. The album art synced fine before I downloaded podcasts with artwork from iTunes via wifi. After that, I started having problems.

On a whim, I deleted all of the iTunes podcasts from my Touch, and the artwork has been fine since.

stutes

Re: iPod Touch Corrupted Album Art

Post by stutes » Fri May 15, 2009 3:46 pm

Jest, I think you might be onto something. Because that would go along with my experience—itunes didn't have a chance to do a scan for gapless playback of the MM tracks that I'd synced to my touch, but I did have video podcasts on the device (they were restored when I restored my touch). And, to give this idea more backing, my videos podcasts (that I sync using itunes) were all removed recently, and since then all my album art has been looking fine.
Version: MediaMonkey 3.1.0.1236
Syncs iPod Touch 2nd Gen (firmware 2.2) and SD cards via card reader
(Touch also syncs with iTunes on a Mac, OS X 10.5, set manage podcasts, apps, photos, contacts & calendar, but NOT music)

jest

Post by jest » Fri May 15, 2009 4:10 pm

Apple adds some bizarre metadata to their podcasts, which of course is proprietary. I think that's the problem: extra metadata that MM doesn't understand.

Let me know if it works. But for me, deleting mp3's with corrupted artwork, along with *any* podcast downloaded with Apple software, has so far handled the problem.

I guess syncing podcasts like a regular mp3 is the way to go.

telliott

Post by telliott » Sat May 16, 2009 7:39 pm

I download all my audio podcasts through MM. I haven't had a problem recently except that a podcast is only able to have a single graphic for all episodes, even when each episode is published with a unique graphic.

I do sometimes download video podcasts through iTunes on my computer, or on the Touch via wifi. I'll be glad when MM is able to handle video files.

I'm not going to remove podcasts since that's what I listen to most of the time.

Tim

RandomEngy

Post by RandomEngy » Thu May 28, 2009 3:40 pm

I get the corruption without syncing podcasts, photos or anything other than music with MediaMonkey. I'll see if it's the high-res album art causing the problem. Though if it were it would not be an acceptable solution to me to make everything smaller. I love having nice-looking high-res art to play in a big pane with MediaMonkey.

lindablue

Re: iPod Touch Plays Corrupted Album Art

Post by lindablue » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:57 pm

IPOD Touch. MM 3.0.7.1191. Itunes 8.10.52 per MM-Wiki guide. Windows XP sv 2

I crashed my laptop and have had to rebuild settings. Music is on a detachable drive and okay.
Had downloaded the latest version of Itunes and MM. Had to reset the IPOD and lost everything.
I have no games, no podcasts, or movies. I do have some photos on the IPOD and some photos as album art.
Resync with MM. I noticed the Ipod had bizzare artwork. The art in the album properties look fine in the music folder and on the IPOD, except when the music is playing.

Per MM-Wiki guide (suggested in a post, thank you),I un-installed newest Itunes and went back to older Itunes. Reset the Ipod. Did the MM sync. I still have the bizarre corrupted album art throughout my music. Not all, but most of the time.

Today, I think I will go through all the album art and remove the personal photos. If I do this in the music folder, how do I sync the changes to the IPOD? Do a regular sync?
Any more suggestions? thanks.

Follow up. I tried everything. Twice. Finally, I reset the IPOD and resorted to the sync with Itunes. That did work, but it stopped half-way through. There was a corrupt music file so it would not continue. I fixed that and reset and re-sync. Music and album art and photos are all working fine. I may do later file management with MM but after a week of trial and error, I am just happy it is working.

pdemaio

Post by pdemaio » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Using the instructions at: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 38#p202028 did seem to fix my iphone album art problem on my iphone!